Get to Know the Best Opera Company in Mount Vernon
Quality Productions for Creative Audiences
What to Expect
The emotion and power of opera can only be truly experienced in a live, theater setting. And, thanks to technology, opera is a more accessible, more enjoyable experience than ever before.
Utilize the internet to learn more about opera as a genre and to become familiar with a specific opera before you go to see it. Knowing the characters and plot prior to the performance will help you follow the story. Our website’s On Stage page always provides synopses of the current season’s performances. In addition, Pacific Northwest Opera provides an English translation projected above the stage during each show.
We also welcome Pacific Northwest Opera attendees to arrive 45 minutes early for a pre-performance tutorial given by the general or stage director. The tutorial is a great opportunity to learn more about opera and to socialize with fellow attendees.
Currently On Stage
First Time at the Opera?
First-time opera goers may be unsure of how to get the most out of their first visit. Here are a few tips from Pacific Northwest Opera to make sure your first opera experience is as enjoyable as possible.
- Dress comfortably. Wear what you like, be it casual or evening wear. Attending opera is about your experience.
- Use the McIntyre Hall Box Office. In-person is the easiest way to get a ticket and pick a seat you like. Or, you can always call the box office at (360) 416-7727. Discounted tickets are only available through the box office. Of course, you can buy on-line through their website www.mcintyrehall.org.
- Arrive 15 minutes early. Opera performances start on time and late-comers are not seated until a break or intermission. Have time to find your seat and review the plot in the program notes.
- Arrive 45 minutes early for a pre-performance tutorial by Mitch Kahn.
- Snacks and drinks during the production are available before the show and during intermission in the McIntyre Hall lobby.
Still Have Questions?
Another great way to Discover Opera is to attend the MetLive in HD performances broadcast at the Lincoln Theatre in Mount Vernon. Live on Saturdays, with recorded encore performances, these broadcasts are the next-best thing to being there. Pre-performance discussions are led by Stassya Pacheco. Pre-order box lunches are available on Saturdays. Patrons place their orders in the theatre lobby before the performance begins, and lunches are ready at intermission.